Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- Matthew Leach, RN, BN(Hons), PhD, MATMS
Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine differs from other medical texts by introducing a systematic clinical framework for the practice of complementary and alternative medicine.
While comparable titles may explore the use or efficacy of specific complementary and alternative medicine interventions, this indispensible textbook highlights evidence-based interventions, while helping practitioners apply them within a clinical decision making framework.
Clinical Decision Making in Complementary & Alternative Medicine is a one-of-a-kind health reference for clinicians, students and educators alike.
Divided into two parts - theoretical foundation and practical application - the book includes case studies on health conditions such as acne, irritable bowel syndrome and migraine.
- Published: November 2010
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-7295-7933-9
Table of Contents
PART A: Theoretical Foundation
6. Application - Evidence Based Practice
7. Application - Integrative Health Care
PART B: Practical Application
9. Application of decision-making framework for complementary and alternative medicine
- Case 1 Acne vulgaris/rosacea
- Case 2 Anxiety
- Case 3 Asthma
- Case 4 Chronic venous insufficiency
- Case 5 Dysmenorrhoea
- Case 6 Eczema/dermatitis
- Case 7 Irritable bowel syndrome
- Case 8 Migraine
- Case 9 Osteoarthritis
- Case 10 Psoriasis
Appendix: Decision-making Framework for Complementary and Alternative Medicine Template