Climate & Oceans
A derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean SciencesEdited By
- John Steele, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Steve Thorpe, National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, and Bangor University, U.K.
- Karl Turekian, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
Climate and Oceans is a derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, 2nd Edition and serves as an important reference on current knowledge and expertise in one convenient and accessible source. The selected articles?all written by experts in their field?fall into several categories, including: ocean circulation, heat and water balance, the cryosphere, the marine record of paleoclimate, and the carbon system. Climate and Oceans serves as an ideal reference for topical research.
professionals, researchers, and graduate students in the marine sciences
Paperback, 0 pages
Published: December 2009
Imprint: Academic Press
- Ocean circulation and climate
- Tropical climate controls
- Heat and water balance
- Satellite measurements
- Ocean-Climate models
- Paleoclimate marine record
- Carbon system
- Effects and remediation