Chemical Product Design: Towards a Perspective through Case Studies
- Ka M. Ng, Department of Chemical Engineering Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clearwater Bay, Kowloon, Hongkong
- Rafiqul Gani, CAPEC, Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Kim Dam-Johansen, Department of Chemical Engineering, Soltofts Plads, Technical University of Denmark, Kgs.Lyngby, Denmark
This publication is geared to researchers, practitioners and consultants in the chemical, pharmaceutical, and biochemical industry and is also useful as a reference book and/or textbook for a higher level course.
- Published: October 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-52217-7
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Product Design (R. Gani).
PART I: Molecules
2. The Role of Crystallisation and Solubility Modelling in the Design of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (P. Crafts).
3. Computer-Aided Molecular Design Using a Linear Group Contribution Method for the Prediction of Pure Component Properties: Application to Solvent Selection (L. Constantinou et al.).
4. Solvent Design for Crystallization of Pharmaceutical Products (A.T. Karunanithi, L.E.K. Achenie).
5. Design of Liquid Enzyme Products with Built-in Liquid Detergent Stabilization System (P. Bach).
PART II: Structured/Multicomponent Products
6. Process Synthesis for Structured Food Products (F.M. Meeuse).
7. Marine Biofouling Protection: Design of Controlled Release Antifouling Paints (S. Kiil et al.).
8. Product-centered Process Synthesis and Development: Detergents (H.K. Fung et al.).
9. Design of the Dove® Beauty Bar (M.I. Hill, A.J. Post).
10. Epitaxial Silicon Wafers Using Plasma-enhanced Chemical-Vapor-Deposition (T.R. Sinno, W.D. Seider).11. Design of Industrial Catalysts (K.A. Christensen).
12. Entrepreneurship and Product Design in Chemical Engineering Education (K.L. Yeung).
13. Case Studies in Chemical Product Design(K.K.H. Choy (ed.)).14. Case Studies in Chemical Product Design (CAMD)(R. Gani).
15. Nature of Chemical Products (L.A. Cisternas)
16. Product Development â What to Make, and How to Make (K.M. Ng et al.).