Characterization of Porous Solids III
- J. Rouquerol, Centre de Thermodynamique et de Microcalorimetrie, CNRS, Marseille, France
- F. Rodríguez-Reinoso, Universidad de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
- K.S.W. Sing, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
- K.K. Unger, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität, Mainz, Germany
The objectives of the Third IUPAC Symposium on the Characterization of Porous Solids (COPS-III) were (1) to provide the opportunity for specialists to exchange ideas and new information on theoretical principles and methodology and (2) to generate proposals for the comparison and utilization of the many techniques now available for the characterization of porous solids. A successful outcome of the Symposium has been the final report of the IUPAC Subcommittee on
Recommendations for the Characterization of Porous Solids, a summary of which is given in these proceedings. The edited papers included in the present volume have been selected from the 155 oral and poster presentations given at this symposium, which attracted 200 participants from 28 different countries. The following topics were discussed:
1. Simulation and modelling of pore structures and pore-filling mechanisms
2. Novel experimental techniques with particular reference to high-resolution techniques
3. Model pore structures and reference materials4. Porous materials of technological importance.The wide range of materials and techniques described provide a useful and comprehensive reference source for academic and industrial scientists and technologists.
- Published: August 1994
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-81491-3
...provides an excellent opportunity to get into the field of porous solids. The wide range of materials and methods described provide a useful and comprehensive reference source for academic and industrial scientists and technologists.
Applied Catalysis A: General