Challenges in Delivery of Therapeutic Genomics and ProteomicsEdited by
- Ambikanandan Misra
Delivery of therapeutic proteomics and genomics represent an important area of drug delivery research. Genomics and proteomics approaches could be used to direct drug development processes by unearthing pathways involved in disease pathogenesis where intervention may be most successful.
This book describes the basics of genomics and proteomics and highlights the various chemical, physical and biological approaches to protein and gene delivery.
Researchers in pharmaceutical sciences and those working in the area of drug delivery in both industry and academia
Hardbound, 686 Pages
Published: September 2010
1. The Cell
2. Gene Delivery - Challenges and Opportunities
3. Physical Methods of Gene Delivery4. Gene Delivery Using Chemical Methods
5. Gene Delivery Using Viral Vectors6. Applications of Gene Therapy
7. Antisense Oligonucleotides and Rna Interference8. Proteomics
9. Protein and Peptide Delivery Through Respiratory Pathway10. Oral Delivery of Proteins and Peptides: Concepts and Applications
11: PARENTERAL DELIVERY OF PEPTIDES AND PROTEINS12. Other Routes of Protein and Peptide Delivery: Transdermal, Topical, Uterine and Rectal