Braking of Road VehiclesBy
- Andrew Day
Starting from the fundamentals of brakes and braking,
Drawing on insights from leading experts from across the automotive industry, experienced industry course leader Andrew Day has developed a new handbook for automotive engineers needing an introduction to or refresh on this complex and critical topic.
With coverage broad enough to appeal to general vehicle engineers and detailed enough to inform those with specialist brake interests,
Automotive engineers involved with brake system design, development, installation or testing; Graduate students on automotive/mechanical design courses covering brake system design.
Hardbound, 512 Pages
Published: July 2014
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
Preface - aims, overview, and acknowledgements.
2. Friction and friction materials
3. Braking system design for passenger cars and light vans
4. Braking system design for vehicle and trailer combinations
5. Brake design analysis
6. Brake system layout design
7. Thermal effects in friction brakes
8. Braking legislation
9. Brake testing
10. Brake noise and judder
11. Electronic braking systems
12. Case studies in the braking of road vehicles