Bone Repair Biomaterials
- J A Planell, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Spain
- S M Best, University of Cambridge, UK
- D Lacroix, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC), Spain
- A Merolli, The Catholic University in Rome, Italy
The first part of the book reviews the fundamentals of bone repair and regeneration. Chapters in the second part discuss the science and properties of biomaterials used for bone repair such as metals, ceramics, polymers and composites. The final section of the book discusses clinical applications and considerations with chapters on such topics as orthopaedic surgery, tissue engineering, implant retrieval and ethics of bone repair biomaterials.
With its distinguished editors and team of international contributors, Bone repair biomaterials is an invaluable reference for researchers and clinicians within the biomedical industry and academia.
Researchers and clinicians within the biomedical industry and academia
- Published: August 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- ISBN: 978-1-84569-385-5
The book is beautifully referenced. Certain chapters are recommended for all orthopaedic surgeons... For a new researcher it is an invaluable introduction from start to finish., Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery