Biomembranes, Part V: Cellular and Subcellular Transport: Epithelial Cells, 191
Volume 191: Biomembranes Part V
- Sidney Fleischer, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, U.S.A.
- Becca Fleischer, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennesse, U.S.A.
- John Abelson, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
- Melvin Simon, California Institute of Technology, Division of Biology, Pasadena, U.S.A.
Biochemists, cell biologists, microbiologists, pharmacologists, biomedical scientists, biophysicists, analytical chemists, and physiologists.
Methods in Enzymology
Published: December 1990
Imprint: Academic Press
"The Methods in Enzymology series represents the gold-standard."
Praise for the Series, --NEUROSCIENCE
"It is a true 'methods' series, including almost every detail from basic theory to sources of equipment and reagents, with timely documentation provided on each page."
"The series has been following the growing, changing and creation of new areas of science. It should be on the shelves of all libraries in the world as a whole collection."
--CHEMISTRY IN INDUSTRY
"The appearance of another volume in that excellent series, Methods in Enzymology, is always a cause for appreciation for those who wish to successfully carry out a particular technique or prepare an enzyme or metabolic intermediate without the tiresome prospect of searching through unfamiliar literature and perhaps selecting an unproven method which is not easily reproduced."
--AMERICAN SOCIETY OF MICROBIOLOGY NEWS
"If we had some way to find the work most often consulted in the laboratory, it could well be the multi-volume series Methods in Enzymology...a great work."
"A series that has established itself as a definitive reference for biochemists."
--JOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY
- Epithelial Transport: An Introduction, K.J. Ullrich.G. Kottra and E. Fromter, Determination of Paracellular Shunt Conductances in Epithelia.KIDNEY:Intact Organ:P. Silva, Isolated Perfused and Nonfiltering Kidney.C.J. Lumsden and M. Silverman, Multiple Indicator Dilution and the Kidney: Kinetics, Permeation, and Transport in Vivo.I.M. Shafik and G.A. Quamme, Micropuncture Techniques in Renal Research.K.J. Ullrich and G. Rumrich, Kidney: Microperfusion - Double-Perfused Tubule in Situ.Glomerular Filtration:A. Yared and I. Ichikawa, Transcapillary Fluid Transport in Glomerulus.D. Schlondorff, Preparation and Study of Isolated Glomeruli.D.A. Troyer and J.I. Kreisberg, Isolation and Study of Glomerular Cells.E.E. Muirhead, W.A. Rightsel, J.A. Pitcock, and T. Inagami, Isolation and Culture of Juxtaglomerular and Renomedullary Interstitial Cells.Isolated Tubules:K.W. Beyenbach and W.H. Dantzler, Comparative Kidney Tubule Sources, Isolation, Perfusion, and Function.P.A. Wright, M.B. Burg, and, M.A. Knepper, Microdissection of Kidney Tubule Segments.J.C. Williams, Jr., and J.A. Schafer, Measurement of Transmural Water Flow in Isolated Pewrfused Tubule Segments.Q. Al-Awqati and G.J. Schwartz, Use of Fluorescent Dyes to Identify Structure and Function of Renal Tubular Cells.B. Caissling and M. Le Hir, Functional Morphology of Kidney Cells and Tubules in Situ.R. Greger, Electrophysiological Approach to Study Isolated Perfused Tubule.F. Morel and D. Butlen, Hormonal Receptors in Isolated Tubule.G. Wirthensohn and W.G. Guder, Metabolism of Isolated Kidney Tubule Segments.T. Maack and C.H. Park, Endocytosis and Lysosomal Hydrolysis of Proteins in Proximal Tubules.J.A. Schafer and J.C. Williams, Jr. , Flux Measurements in Isolated Perfused Tubules.W.B. Guggino, Measurement of Volume and Shape Changes in Isolated Tubules.Isolated Renal Cells:R. Kinne, Transport in Isolated Cells from Defined Nephron Segments.M. Horster and J.S. Handler, Primary Culture of Isolated Tubule Cells of Defined Origin.N.L. Simmons, Tissue Culture of Established Renal Cell Lines.H. Oberleithner, A. Schwab, H.-J. Westphale, B. Schuricht, B. Puschel, and H. Koepsell, Giant MDCK Cells: A Novel Expression System.Isolation of Membrane Vesicles:R.K.H. Kinne, Isolation of Luminal and Contraluminal Plasma Membrane Vesicles from Kidney.S. Karlish and G. Sachs, Transport Studies by Optical Methods.R.J. Turner, Stoichiometry of Coupled Transport Systems in Vesicles.J. Biber, K. Malmström, S. Reshkin, and H. Muer, Phosphate Transport in Established Renal Epithelial Cell Lines.I. Sabolic and G. Burckhardt, ATP-Driven Proton Transport in Vesicles from Kidney Cortex.Hormonal Modulation:D. Marver, Aldosterone. D. Brown, A. Verkman, K. Skorecki, and D. Ausiello, Cellular Action of Antidiuretic Hormone.Reconstitution of Transport Proteins.H. Koepsell and S. Seibicke, Reconstitution and Fractionation of Renal Brush-Border Transport Proteins.Stimulus Secretion Coupling in Epithelia:R. Vinayek and J.D. Gardner, Receptor Identification.C.S. Chew, cAMP Technologies, Functional Correlates in Gastric Parietal Cells.H. Rasmussen, Stimulus-Secretion Coupling: General Models and Specific Aspects in Epithelial Cells.L. Hokin, Role of Phosphoinositide-Derived Arachidonic Acid as Second Messenger.J. Williamson, Calcium Signaling Mechanisms.K.A. Wreggett, D.J. Lander, and R.F. Irvine, Two-State Analysis and Radiolabelled Inositol Phosphate Isomers.Pharmacological Agents in Epithelial Transport:B. Wallmark and J. Fryklund, Pharmacological Agents of Gastric Acid Secretion: Receptor Antagonists and Pump Inhibitors.T.R. Kleyman and E.J. Cragoe, Jr. , Cation Transport Probes: Amiloride Series.D.F. Diedrich, Photoaffinity Labeling Analogs of Phlorizin and Phloretin: Synthesis and Effects on Cell Membranes.S.M. O'Grady, M.W. Musch, and M. Field, Diuretic Compounds Structurally Related to Furosemide.R. Greger, Chloride Channel Blockers.Targeting and Intracellular Trafficking in Epithelial Cells:M.L. Bennett, A. Wandinger-Ness, A.W. Brandli, and K. Simons, In Vitro Recovery of Exocytic Transport Vesicles from Polarized MDCK Cells.J.R. Bartles and A.L. Hubbard, Liver: Biogenesis of Rat Hepatocyte Plasma Membrane.R.W. Doms, Oligomerization and Protein Transport.Author Index.Subject Index.