Benchmarking National Tourism Organisations and Agencies
Understanding Best Performance
- John Lennon, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- Hugh Smith, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
- Nancy Cockerell, The Travel Business Partnership, London, UK
- Jill Trew, The Travel Business Partnership, London, UK
This book examines comparative performance and best practice in National Tourism Organisations/ Administrations from extensive research carried out in 2003 and 2004. It compares qualitative and quantitative data in order to ascertain best performance.
Analysis is contained in detail for eight National Tourism Organisations based in four Continents, comprising: Australia, Canada, France, Ireland, The Netherlands, South Africa and Spain. Each country is examined and analysed in the following key areas: Travel and Tourism Performance, Organisation of Tourism, The National Tourism Organisation, structure, Role, Staffing and Offices, Resources and Funding as well as providing case studies of good practice. The book includes methodology of the research and provides discussion and comment of the main roles and success formula in comparable National Tourism Organisations.
• Useful, practical guide to government's involvement in tourism over the past decade or more
• Brings insight from both the academic and practitioner markets• International Case Studies
Postgraduate courses in Tourism, Travel and Hospitality.
- Published: May 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-08-044657-8