Basic Medical Language
- Myrna LaFleur Brooks, RN, BEd, Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ
- Danielle LaFleur Brooks, MEd, MA, Faculty, Medical Assisting and Allied Health and Science Community College of Vermont Montpelier, Vermont
- Imprint: MOSBY
- ISBN: 978-0-323-09654-6
Table of Contents1. Introduction to Medical Language, Body Structure, and Oncology
2. Directional Terms, Planes, Regions, and Quadrants
3. Integumentary System, Colors, and Plural Endings
4. Respiratory System
Time Out 1-4
5. Urinary System
6. Reproductive Systems
7. Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems
8. Digestive System
Time Out 5-8
9. Eye and Ear
10. Musculoskeletal System
11. Nervous System
12. Endocrine System
Time Out 9-12
A: Word Parts Presented in Basic Medical Language
B: Abbreviations - Including Error-Prone Abbreviations List
C: Answers to Exercises
Appendices on Evolve
D: Additional Combining Forms, Prefixes, and Suffixes NEW!
E: Electronic Health Record Terms NEW!
F: Pharmacology Terms NEW!
G: Behavioral Health Terms NEW!
H: Dental Terms NEW!
I: Complementary and Alternative Medicine Therapies
J: Nutritional Terms NEW!
K: Health Care Delivery Terms NEW!