Image Description, Recognition, and CommunicationEdited By
- Stefano Levialdi, Universita di Roma
- Virginio Cantoni, Universita di Pavia
- Vito Roberto, Universita di Udine
- Edward Powers, University of Texas, Austin
- Doug Gray, CRC for Sensor Signal and Information Processing, Signal Processing Research Institute, Technology Park
- Richard Green, The Engineering Practice
Advanced Undergraduates, graduates, researchers in image processing, vision and computer science.
Published: September 1996
Imprint: Academic Press
- Preface. Part I: Active Vision: V. Cantoni, G. Caputo, and L. Lombardi, Attentional Engagement in Vision Systems. Y. Yeshurun, Attentional Mechanisms in Computer Vision. M. Savini, The Active Vision Idea. E. Trucco, Active Model Acquisition and Sensor Planning. A. Verri, The Regularization of Early Vision. Part II: Integrating Visual Modules: M. Bertolotto, E. Bruzzone, and L. DeFloriani, Geometric Modeling and Spatial Reasoning.V. Roberto, Vision as Uncertain Knowledge. V. Di Gesu and D. Tegolo, Distributed Systems for Fusion of Visual Infomation. E. Ardizzone, A. Chella, and S. Gaglio, Hybrid Computation and Reasoning for Artificial Vision. Part III: VisualCommunication: A.M. Iacono, Illusion and Difference. S. Levialdi, P. Mussio, N. Bianchi, and P. Bottoni, Computing with/on Images. A. Del Bimbo, Visual Databases. S-K. Chang, Visual Languages for Tele-Action Objects. Subject Index.