Annual Reports in Organic Synthesis 1997Series Editor:
- Philip Weintraub, Hoechst Marion Roussel, Bridgewater, New Jersey, USA
- Daniel Ketcha, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Raymond Gross, Marion Merrell Dow Research Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Christian Fossum, DO (Norway), Associate Director, A T Still Research Institute, A T Still University, Kirksville, MO; Assistant Professor, Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine, Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, A T Still University, Kirksville, MO, USA; Faculty, European School of Osteopathy, Maidstone, UK
This handy inexpensive reference tool is an organized annual review of synthetically useful information. It abstracts synthetic reactions from the major chemistry journals of the past year and includes reactions and methods that are new and reasonably general. The reactions are presented in a convenient pictorial format designed for rapid visual retrieval of information. A comprehensive table of contents and a senior author index are included.The Journal of the American Chemical Society has aptly described this publication as an "aid to the harassed organic chemist who cannot keep up with the never-diminishing stream of new primary literature" and hails it "an outstandingly good buy."
Organic, medicinal, and polymer chemists in research and industry.
Paperback, 458 Pages
Published: September 1997
Imprint: Academic Press
"This information will be useful to nearly all organic chemists, both specialists and nonspecialists in synthesis. The topics covered include carboncarbon bond forming reactions, oxidationreductions, synthesis of heterocycles, protecting groups, and useful synthetic preparation."
Praise for the Series , --BIOSIS
- Preface. Journals Abstracted. Glossary of Abbreviations. Carbon-Carbon Bond Forming Reactions. Oxidations. Reductions. Synthesis of Heterocycles. Protecting Groups. Useful Synthetic Preparations. Reviews. Selected TopicalAreas. Author Index.