Annual Reports in Computational Chemistry, 1Edited By
- David Spellmeyer, IBM Almaden Research, California, USA
Annual Reports in Computational Chemistry is a new periodical providing timely and critical reviews of important topics in computational chemistry as applied to all chemical disciplines. Topics covered include quantum chemistry, molecular mechanics, force fields, chemical education, and applications in academic and industrial settings. Each volume is organized into (thematic) sections with contributions written by experts. Focusing on the most recent literature and advances in the field, each article covers a specific topic of importance to computational chemists. Annual Reports in Computational Chemistry is a 'must' for researchers and students wishing to stay up-to-date on current developments in computational chemistry.
Computational chemists, organic and physical organic chemists, inorganic, medicinal chemists in academia and other research institutes
Annual Reports in Computational Chemistry
Paperback, 274 pages
Published: March 2005
Quantum Mechanical Methods (T.D. Crawford).
1. An Introduction to the State-of-the-Art in Quantum Chemistry (F. Jensen).
2. Time-Dependent Density Functional Theory in Quantum Chemistry (F. Furche, K. Burke).
3. Computational Thermochemistry: A Brief Overview of Quantum Mechanical Approaches (J.M.L. Martin).
4. Bond Breaking in Quantum Chemistry (C.D. Sherrill).
Molecular Modelling Methods (C. Simmerling).
5. A Review of the TIP4P, TIP4P-Ew, TIP5P, and TIP5P-E Water Models (T.J. Dick, J.D. Madura).
6. Molecular Modeling and Atomistic Simulation of Nucleic Acids (T.E. Cheatham, III).
7. Empirical Force Fields for Proteins: Current Status and Future Directions (A.D. MacKerell, Jr.).
8. Non-Equilibrium Approaches to Free Energy Calculations (A.E. Roitberg).
9. Calculating Binding Free Energy in Protein-ligand Interaction (K. Raha, K.M. Merz, Jr.).
Advances in QSAR/QSPR (Y. Martin).
10. Computational Prediction of ADMET Properties: Recent Developments and Future Challenges (D.E. Clark).
Applications of Computational Methods (H. Carlson).
11. Filtering in Drug Discovery (C.A. Lipinski).
12. Structure-Based Lead Optimization (D. Joseph-McCarthy).
13. Targeting the Kinome with Computational Chemistry (M.L. Lamb).
Chemical Education (T. Zielinski).Emerging Science (R. Wheeler).
14. Status of Research-based Experiences for First-and Second-Year Undergraduate Students (J.D. Evanseck, S.M. Firestine).
15. Crossing the Line: Stochastic Models in the Chemistry Classroom (M.M. Francl).
16. Simulation of chemical Concepts, Systems and Processes using Symbolic Computation Engines: from Computer-Assisted Problem-Solving Approach to Advanced Tools for Research (J. Rittenhouse, M. Scarlete).
17. The Challenges in Developing Molecular-Simulations of Fluid Properties for Industrial Applications (R.D. Mountain, A.C. Chaka).
18. Computationally Assisted Protein Design (S. Park, J.G. Saven).