Analytical Pyrolysis of Synthetic Organic PolymersBy
- Serban Moldoveanu, RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co., Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Analytical Pyrolysis of Synthetic Organic Polymers is a follow-up to Analytical Pyrolysis of Natural Organic Polymers, which is volume 20 of the series. The main focus of the book is on practical applications of analytical pyrolysis in synthetic organic polymer identification and characterization.
The first part of the book has five chapters including an introduction, a discussion on physico-chemistry of thermal degradation of synthetic polymers and on instrumentation used in analytical pyrolysis, a chapter discussing what type of information can be obtained from analytical pyrolysis, and a chapter dedicated to the analysis and characterization of synthetic polymers.
The second part systematically covers the analytical pyrolysis of various classes of synthetic polymers. Some theoretical background for the understanding of polymer structure using analytical pyrolysis is also discussed.
Researchers and chemists working in the field of synthetic polymers and analytical chemistry.
Techniques and Instrumentation in Analytical Chemistry
Hardbound, 714 Pages
Published: January 2005
Part 1. Introduction To Analytical Pyrolysis Applied To Polymer Characterization
1. Overview of organic synthetic macromolecules
2. Thermal decomposition of polymers
3. Review of analytical pyrolysis instrumentation
4. Information generated from analytical pyrolysis studies
5. Selected applications of analytical pyrolysis in the study of synthetic polymers
Part 2. Analytical Pyrolysis Of Different Classes Of Polymers
6. Polymers with saturated carbon chain backbone
7. Polymers with unsaturated carbon chain backbone
8. Polymers with aromatic hydrocarbon backbone
9. Polymers containing ether groups in the backbone
10. Polymers containing ester groups in the backbone
11. Polycarbonates and polyanhydrides
12. Poly(sulfides) and poly(sulfones)
13. Poly(imines), urea thermosetting resins, poly(amides), and poly(imides)
14. Poly(urethanes) and poly(ureas)
15. Polymers containing heterocycles in the backbone
16. Poly(siloxanes) and other silicon containing polymers
17. Polymers containing phosphorus in the backbone