Analysis and Detection by Capillary ElectrophoresisEdited by
- Maria Luisa Marina
- Angel Ríos
- Miguel Valcárcel
Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) is a powerful analytical technique used to separate compounds and is increasingly being used in routine analytical laboratories. Analysis and Detection by Capillary Electrophoresis presents developments enabling the enhancement of the detection sensitivity in CE, including the different strategies used to achieve sensitivity requirements. It describes techniques allowing sample preconcentration and sensitive continuous detection systems and looks at recent developments such as chiral analysis in CE and electrochemical detection in microchips. UV-Vis absorbance detection, as the most widely used detection system in CE, is also presented. Analysis and Detection by Capillary Electrophoresis delves into the practical approaches used in the field and will greatly benefit analytical chemists, as well as students, teachers, technical analysts, scientists and researchers involved in capillary electrophoresis.
Students, professors and teachers; technical analysts; scientists and researchers involved in capillary electrophoresis; analytical chemists and those interested in analytical separation techniques.
Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry
Hardbound, 796 Pages
Published: September 2005
- 1. Fundamentals of capillary electrophoresis (M. Luisa Marina et al.).
2. Separation modes in capillary electrophoresis (M. Angeles GarcÃa et al.).
3. On-line sample preconcentration techniques in capillary electrophoresis (Hong Chen, Shigeru Terabe).
4. Coupling continuous flow systems to capillary electrophoresis (B.M. Simonet et al.).
5. UV-Vis absorbance detection in capillary electrophoresis (A.L. Crego, M. Luisa Marina).
6. Fluorescence detection in capillary electrophoresis (M.T. Veledo et al.).
7. Novel optical detection techniques in CE based on phosphorescence or chemiluminescence (J. Kuijt et al.).
8. Electrochemical detection in capillary electrophoresis (K.M. Hanson et al.).
9. Mass spectrometry detection in capillary electrophoresis (C. SimÃ³, A. Cifuentes).
10. Inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry for specific detection in capillary electrophoresis (G. Ãlvarez Llamas).
11. Vibrational spectroscopic detection in capillary electrophoresis (CE) (S. Kulka, B. Lendl).
12. Coupling NMR to CE (D.A. Jayawickrama, J.V. Sweedler).
13. Chiral analysis by capillary electrophoresis (C. GarcÃa-Ruiz, M.L. Marina).
14. Electrochemical detection in capillary electrophoresis microchips (A. Javier Blasco, A. Escarpa).