Alkoxo and Aryloxo Derivatives of MetalsBy
- Don Bradley, University of London, U.K.
- R. Mehrotra, University of Rajasthan, India
- Ian Rothwell, Purdue University, Indiana, U.S.A.
- A. Singh, University of Rajasthan, India
Alkoxo and Aryloxo Derivatives of Metals gives a comprehensive account of the chemistry of metal alkoxides and metal aryloxides, including their industrial applications such as microelectronics, ceramics, nonlinear optical materials, high-temperature superconductors, specialized glasses, and other advanced novel materials. It is an invaluable reference source book. The book is an updated edition of Metal Alkoxides, published by Academic Press in 1978, with additional coverage of metal aryloxides. It reflects the enormous growth in interest in this field in recent years. Alkoxo and aryloxo derivatives are organic compounds with metals for useful industrial purposes. Alkoxo and Aryloxo Derivatives of Metals will appeal to a wide-ranging audience, including university researchers and chemistry graduate students in industrial laboratories concerned with microelectronics, ceramics, glasses and other advanced novel materials; any laboratories doing research on nonlinear optical materials, high-temperature superconductors, ceramic materials, and specialized glasses. It can also serve as a supplementary text for final year courses in advanced inorganic chemistry, e.g., metallo-organic chemistry.
Graduate students and researchers in: Industrial research; microelectronics, ceramics, glasses and other advanced novel materials.
Hardbound, 704 Pages
Published: February 2001
Imprint: Academic Press
- ForewordIntroductionReferenceHomometallic AlkoxidesIntroductionMethods of SynthesisPhysical PropertiesChemical PropertiesHeterometallic AlkoxidesIntroductionSynthesisProperties of Heterometallic AlkoxidesFuture OutlookX-Ray Crystal Structures of Alkoxo Metal CompoundsIntroductionStructures of Alkoxo Compounds of MetalsStructures of Heterometal AlkoxidesMetal Oxo-alkoxidesIntroductionSynthetic MethodsChemical ReactivityPhysical PropertiesX-Ray Crystal StructuresMetal AryloxidesIntroductionTypes of Aryloxide LigandSynthesis of Metal AryloxidesBonding of Metal AryloxidesAryloxide Ligand ReactivitySurvey of Metal AryloxidesIndustrial ApplicationsIntroductionMetal Oxide FilmsCeramics and GlassesMetal Alkoxides as CatalystsMiscellaneous ApplicationsIndex