Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes
- A. Ottova-Leitmannova, Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, Michigan, USA & Centre for Interface Sciences Microelectronics Department, Slovak Technical University, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
This new series on bilayer lipid membranes (BLMs and liposomes) include invited chapters on a broad range of topics, from theoretical investigations, specific studies, experimental methods, to practical applications.
Written for newcomers, experienced scientists, and those who are not familiar with these specific research areas, the Series covers all aspects of lipid bilayer investigations, both fundamental and applied.
Biochemists, biologists, biophysicists, bioengineers and technologists, electrochemists, physiologists, pharmacologists, surface and colloid scientists, and others working on ultrathin films and membrane phenomena
- Published: September 2005
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-369453-9
Table of Contents1. Electrochemical Methods and their Applications (S. Kalinowski).
2. Tethered Bilayer Membrane Sensors with Small Transmembrane Peptide Ion Channels - Recent Developments, Future Research and Potential Applications (Ping Yin).
3. NMR Structure Determination of Proteins in Bilayer Lipid Membranes: the FXYD Family Proteins (C.M. Franzin, F.M. Marassi).
4. Cell Curface Models on Polymer Supports - from Artificial Membranes to Native Cells (M. Tanaka).
5. The Control of Membrane Properties by Synthetic Polymers (N. Melik-Nubarov, O. Krylova).
6. Hydration Pressure in Phospholipid Membranes and its Determination (H. Pfeiffer).
7. Modeling Protein-Lipid Interactions: Recent Advances (M. Laberge et al.).
8. Modeling of BLMs in Aspect of Phylogenetic Development of Vertebrates (A.E. Zakharian, N.M. Ayvazian).
9. Electrochemical Study of the Lipid Bilayer Membrane (Erkang Wang, Xiaojun Han).
10. Mechanisms of Membrane Permeabilization by Apoptosis-Regulatory Proteins of the BCL-2 Family (O. Terrones et al.).