Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and LiposomesEdited by
- A. Leitmannova Liu, Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
The lipid bilayer is central to life, as all living organisms possess a lipid bilayer structure, thereby underlying the lipid bilayer principle of biomembranes. The lipid bilayer principle and its applications are the main theme of this new book series.
This new series on bilayer lipid membranes (BLMs and liposomes) include invited chapters on a broad range of topics, from theoretical investigations, specific studies, experimental methods, to practical applications.
Written for newcomers, experienced scientists, and those who are not familiar with these specific research areas, the Series covers all aspects of lipid bilayer investigations, both fundamental and applied.
Biochemists, biologists, biophysicists, bioengineers and technologists, electrochemists, physiologists, pharmacologists, surface and colloid scientists, and others working on ultrathin films and membrane phenomena
Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes
Published: April 2006
Imprint: Academic Press
- 1. Supported Lipid Bilayers for the Detection of Hormone-Receptor Interactions (V. Sacks-Granek, J. Rishpon).
2. Functional Tethered Bimolecular Lipid Membranes (tBLMs) (I. Köper et al.).
3. Birefringence Studies on Effects of Additives on Bilayer Lipid Membranes (Kiyoshi Mishima).
4. Visualization and Characterization of Domains in Supported Model Membranes (H.A. Rinia et al.).
5. Physicochemical Insights into Equilibria in Bilayer Lipid Membranes (A.D. Petelska et al.).
6. Effects of Sugars on the Stability and Structure of Lipid Membranes During Drying (D.K. Hincha et al.).
7. Atomic Force Microscopy of Lipid Bilayers (H.-J. Butt, A.K. Awizio).
8. Interfaces, Bifaces and Nanotechnology (Jian-Shan Ye et al.).
9. Interaction of Polyene Macrolide Antibiotics with Lipid Model Membranes (M. Baginski et al.).
10. On the use of Impedance Spectroscopy for Studying Bilayer Lipid Membranes (A.E. Vallejo, C.A. Gervasi).