Advances in PharmacologyEdited by
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular bases of drug action, both applied and experimental.
Pharmacologists, immunologists, and biochemists.
Advances in Pharmacology
Hardbound, 344 Pages
Published: May 1999
Imprint: Academic Press
"Recommended not only to pharmacologists but also to all those in related disciplines."
Praise for the Series , --NATURE
"The works do represent an extensive compilation of data by outstanding researchers in this area. They are generally scientifically excellent, the bibliographies are good, and the individual reports are clear, concise, and extremely well illustrated."
--H.E. Kaufmann in CHEMOTHERAPY
"Superb reading material."
--JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- J. M. Aran, I. Pastan, and M. Gottesman, Therapeutic Strategies Involving the Multidrug Resistance Phenotype: The MDRI Gene as a Target, Chemoprotectant and Selectable Marker in Gene Therapy.R. G. O'Neil and M. I. N. Zhang, The Diversity of Calcium Channels and Their Regulation in Epithelial Cells.M. Kibbe, T. Billiar, and E. Tzeng, Gene Therapy and Vascular Disease.D. J. Tyrell, A. P. Horne, K. R. Holme, J. M. H. Preuss, and C. P. Page, Heparin in Inflammation: Potential Therapeutic Applications Beyond Anticoagulation.A. P. Morris, The Regulation of Epithelial Cell cAMP- and Calcium-dependent Chloride Channels.W. T. Clusin and M. E. Anderson, Calcium Channel Blockers: Current Controversies and Basic Mechanisms of Action.K. K. Wu, Antithrombotic Agents.S. Schultz, Regulation of Potassium Channels in Sodium Absorbing Epithelial Cells.