Advances in PharmacologyEdited by
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular bases of drug action, both applied and experimental.
Pharmacologists, immunologists, neuroscientists, and biochemists.
Advances in Pharmacology
Hardbound, 525 Pages
Published: March 1998
Imprint: Academic Press
"Recommended not only to pharmacologists but also to all those in related disciplines."
Praise for the Series , --NATURE
"The works do represent an extensive compilation of recent data by outstanding researchers in this area. They are generally scientifically excellent, the bibliographies are good, and the individual reports are clear, concise, and extremely well illustrated."
--H.E. Kaufmann in CHEMOTHERAPY
"Superb reading material."
--JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- J. Hopkins, S. Siu, M. Cawley, and P. Rudd, Drug Therapy: The Impact of Managed Care.D. Spina, L.J. Landells, and C.P. Page, The Role of Phosphodiesterase Enzymes in Allergy and Asthma.D. Mochly-Rosen and L.M.Kauvar, Modulating Protein Kinase C Signal Transduction.M. Katori and M. Majima, Preventive Role of Renal Kallikrein-kinin System in the Early Phase of Hypertension and Development of New Anti-Hypertensive Drugs.M.D. Houslay, M. Sullivan, and G.B. Bolger, The Multi-Enzyme PDE4 Cyclic AMP Specific Phosphodiesterase Family: Intracellular Targeting, Regulation and Selective Inhibition by Compounds Exerting Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Depressant Actions.A.H. Groll, S.C. Piscitelli, and T.J. Walsh, Clinical Pharmacology of Systemic Antifungal Agents: A Comprehensive Review of Agents in Clinical Use, Current Investigational Compounds and Putative Targets for Antifungal Drug Development.Subject Index.