Advances in PharmacologyEdited by
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular bases of drug action, both applied and experimental.
Pharmacologists, immunologists, neuroscientists, and biochemists.
Advances in Pharmacology
Hardbound, 426 Pages
Published: December 1996
Imprint: Academic Press
"Recommended not only to pharmacologists but also to all those in related disciplines."
Praise for the Serial , --NATURE
"Superb reading material."
--JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
"The works do represent an extensive compilation of recent data by outstanding researchers in this area. They are generally scientifically excellent, the bibliographies are good, and the individual reports are clear, concise, and extremely well illustrated."
--H.E. Kaufmann in CHEMOTHERAPY
- M. Dumont and S. Lemaire, Opioid and Nonopioid Cardiovascular Effects of Dynorphins.G.M. Jonakait, Cytokines in Neuronal Development.M.B. Robinson and L.A. Dowd, Heterogeneity and Functional Properties of Subtypes of Sodium-Dependent Glutamate Transporters in the Mammalian Central Nervous System.K.K.W. Wang and P.-W. Yuen, Development and Therapeutic Potential of Calpain Inhibitors.J.D. Brioni, M.W. Decker, J.P. Sullivan, and S.P. Arneric, The Pharmacology of (-)-Nicotine and Novel Cholinergic Channel Modulators.J.A. Aberg and W.G. Powderly, Cryptococcosis.J.N. Cumming, P. Ploypradith, and G.H. Posner, Antimalarial Activity of Artemisinin (Qinghaosu) and Related Trioxanes: Mechanism(s) of Action.M.C. Kowala, The Role of Endothelin in the Pathogenesis of Atherosclerosis.V.K. Gribkoff, J.E. Starrett, Jr., and S.I. Dworetzky, The Pharmacology and Molecular Biology of Large-Conductance Calcium-Activated (BK) Potassium Channels.L.J. Rodriguez, J.H. Rex, and E.J. Anaissie, Update on Invasive Candidiasis.Chapter References.Subject Index.