Advances in PharmacologyEdited by
- J. August, John Hopkins University; Department of Pharmacology, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- M. Anders, University of Rochester; Department of Pharmacology, New York, U.S.A.
- Ferid Murad, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, U.S.A.
- Joseph Coyle, McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Belmont, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
Each volume of Advances in Pharmacology provides a rich collection of reviews on timely topics. Emphasis is placed on the molecular bases of drug action, both applied and experimental.
Advances in Pharmacology
Hardbound, 409 Pages
Published: May 1996
Imprint: Academic Press
"The book provides superb reading material which chemists and pharmacologists interested in the area of chemotherapy will surely enjoy reading."
Praise for the Serial , --JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
- C. Tschanz, W.W. Stargel, and J.A. Thomas, Interactions between Drugs and Nutrients.I. Appleton, A. Tomlinson, and D.A. Willoughby, Induction of Cyclo-Oxygenase and Nitric Oxide Synthase in Inflammation.J.A. Farmer and A.M. Gotto, Jr., Current and Future Therapeutic Approaches to Hyperlipidemia.J.F. Borel, G. Baumann, I. Chapman, P. Donatsch, A. Fahr, E.A. Mueller, and J.-M. Vigouret, In Vivo Pharmacological Effects of Ciclosporin and Some Analogues.I.J. Okazaki and J. Moss, Mono-ADP-ribosylation: A Reversible Posttranslational Modification of Proteins.S.R. Denmeade and J.T. Isaacs, Activation of Programmed (Apoptotic) Cell Death for the Treatment of Prostate Cancer.H.N. Hodis, Reversal of Atherosclerosis with Therapy: Update of Coronary Angiographic Trials.L.A. Loeb, Unnatural Nucleotide Sequences in Biopharmaceutics.S.P. Aiken, R. Zaczek, and B.S. Brown, Pharmacology of the Neurotransmitter Release Enhancer Linopirdine (DuP 996), and Insights into Its Mechanism of Action.Chapter References.Subject Index.Contents of Previous Volumes.