A Transition to Analysis
- Thomas Dence, Ashland University, Ohio, U.S.A.
- Joseph Dence, University of Missouri, Columbia, U.S.A.
View full description
Designed for a one-semester advanced calculus course, Advanced Calculus
explores the theory of calculus and highlights the connections between calculus and real analysis -- providing a mathematically sophisticated introduction to functional analytical concepts. The text is interesting to read and includes many illustrative worked-out examples and instructive exercises, and precise historical notes to aid in further exploration of calculus.
* Companion website, Ebook- http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780123749550
* Student Solutions Manual- To come
* Instructors Solutions Manual- To come
Advanced undergraduate and graduate students taking a course in advanced calculus.
- Published: December 2009
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-374955-0
Table of ContentsSets, Numbers and Functions; Sequences; Infinite Series; Continuity; Differentiation; Integration; Commutation of Limit Operations; Appendices