Acute and Chronic Wounds
Current Management ConceptsBy
- Ruth Bryant
- Denise Nix
Reflecting the latest technologic advances and therapies, the extensively revised new edition of Ruth Bryant and Denise Nix's Acute and Chronic Wounds: Current Management Concepts remains your #1 source for today's best information on wound care. Using a strong nursing process and multidisciplinary approach, this best-selling title is an all-inclusive resource for anyone involved in the care of acute surgical wounds and all types of chronic wounds.
Hardbound, 648 Pages
Published: December 2010
Section I: Foundations of Wound Care
1. Principles for Practice Development
2. Billing, Reimbursement, and Setting up a Clinic NEW!
3. Anatomy and Physiology of Skin and Soft Tissue
4. Wound Healing Physiology
5. Types of Skin Damage and Differential Diagnosis
6. Skin and Wound Inspection and Assessment
Section II: Pressure Ulcers
7. Pressure Ulcers: Impact, Etiology, and Classification
8. Developing and Maintaining a Pressure Ulcer Program NEW!
9. Pressure Redistribution Support Surfaces
Section III: Lower Extremity Wounds
10. Lower Extremity Assessment
11. Arterial Ulcers
12. Venous Ulcers
14. Neuropathic Wounds: The Diabetic Wound
15. Foot and Nail Care
Section IV: Wound Management
16. Wound Bioburden and Infection
17. Wound Debridement
18. Topical Management: Cleansing and Dressings
Section V: Biophysical and Biological Agents
19. Skin Substitutes and Extracellular Matrix Scaffolds NEW!
20. Molecular and Cellular Regulators
21. Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
22. Hyperbaric Oxygenation
23. Electrical Stimulation
24. Ultraviolet Light and Ultrasound
Section VI: Critical Cofactors
25. Wound Pain: Impact and Assessment
26. Managing Wound Pain
27. Nutritional Assessment and Support
28. Perfusion and Oxygenation NEW!
29. Noncompliance or Barriers to a Sustainable Plan?
Section VII: Acute and Traumatic Wounds
30. Intrinsic Skin Diseases and Uncommon Cutaneous Wounds NEW!
31. Traumatic Wounds: Bullets, Blasts, and Vehicle Crashes NEW!
33. Healing Wounds through Reconstructive Surgery
34. Assessment and Management of the Surgical Incision NEW!
Section VIII: Special Patient Populations
35. Skin Care Needs of the Obese Patient
36. Skin Care Needs of the Neonatal and Pediatric Patient NEW!
37. Managing Wounds in Palliative Care NEW!
38. Patients with Draining Wounds and Fistulas
39. Patients with Percutaneous Tubes
Appendix A: Self-Assessment Exercises
Appendix B: Documentation Tools
Appendix C: Policies, Procedures, and Decision-Making Tools