A Practical Guide to Therapeutic Communication for Health ProfessionalsBy
- Julie Hosley
- Elizabeth Molle-Matthews
This new textbook is designed to provide students with all the necessary tools to effectively communicate with patients and other health care professionals. With its easy-to-read style, it is loaded with useful tips to help students engage into the practice of communication. It presents condensed amounts of content for learning the basic principles and then integrating elements such as case scenarios, questions, or hints and tips to encourage application of those principles into real-life situations.
Paperback, 272 Pages
Published: January 2006
- 1. Introduction to Communication: Building the Framework
2. Challenges to Communication: Overcoming the Barriers
3. Gathering Information: Learning About the Patient
4. Education Patients: Teaching Patients to Help Themselves
5. Communicating Wellness: What Does It Take to be Healthy?
6. Communication Through the Grief Process: When Words are Not Enough
7. Written Communication: Its More Than Just Words
8. Communicating in the Workplace: Its More Than Just Patients
9. Communicating to Get the Job You Want: Four Key Tools
Common Spanish Phrases