A Nurse's Survival Guide to Acute Medical EmergenciesBy
- Richard Harrison, MD FRCP, Consultant Physician, The University Hospital of North Tees, Stockton on Tees, UK
- Lynda Daly, RN RM RHV, Community Practitioner, Middlesbrough, Redcar and Cleveland Community Trust, Guisborough, UK
Are you working in an acute or emergency unit?
This is an indispensable pocket guide to caring for patients with acute medical conditions.
Paperback, 452 Pages
Published: May 2011
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
1. Introduction: Immediate assessment of the critically ill
3. Respiratory medicine4. Acute neurological problems
5. Gastroenterology6. Diabetic complications
7. Thromboembolic disease8. Deliberate self-harm, alcohol and substance abuse
9. The social admission10. Multisystem failure
11. Emerging problems: outbreaks and deliberate releases - SARS, toxins and biological agents