A Nurse's Survival Guide to Acute Medical EmergenciesBy
- Richard Harrison
- Lynda Daly
Are you working in an acute or emergency unit?
This is an indispensable pocket guide to caring for patients with acute medical conditions.
Paperback, 452 Pages
Published: May 2011
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
1. Introduction: Immediate assessment of the critically ill
3. Respiratory medicine4. Acute neurological problems
5. Gastroenterology6. Diabetic complications
7. Thromboembolic disease8. Deliberate self-harm, alcohol and substance abuse
9. The social admission10. Multisystem failure
11. Emerging problems: outbreaks and deliberate releases - SARS, toxins and biological agents