A Massage Therapist's Guide to Lower Back & Pelvic Pain
- Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK
- Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA Director
Existing licensed massage therapists and those in training.
- Published: October 2007
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-10218-9
Table of Contents1. The âtriageâ
2. Imposter back pain
3. How much pain is there, where is it, and where might it be coming from?
4. Back pain â palpation, observation and assessment approaches
5. Pelvic pain
6. Modalities working with massage
7. Outcome based massage
8. Prevention and rehabilitation: core stability and breathing retraining
10. Other methods â summary of systems, methods and modalities used in manual treatment of back pain