1000 Questions and Answers from Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine
- Parveen Kumar, CBE, BSc, MD, DM (HC), FRCP, FRCP(Edin), Professor of Medicine & Education, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary, University of London, and Honorary Consultant Physician; Gastroenterologist, Barts and The London Hospitals NHS Trust and Homerton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- Michael Clark, MD, FRCP, Honorary Senior Lecturer, Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary,University of London and Consultant Physician, Princess Grace Hospital, London, UK
• Is it common for epileptic patients to have post-ictal vomiting? If so, how often does this occur?
• Why is the incidence of parkinsonism less common in smokers?
• What is the role of urine examination in diabetic control?
Where do you turn to when you have a difficult medical question that needs answering?
The ‘Ask the Author’ online feature from the best-selling textbook Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine has collected a wealth of questions and comments directly from medical students and doctors about topics that are of particular interest or difficulty to them.
Kumar and Clark have brought together over 1000 of the questions they have been asked along with their answers. It will appeal to the many fans of Kumar & Clark, from first-year students to practising doctors, and will provide a useful and interesting sounding board to help ensure best practice.
This unique book will provide you with a quick and easy way to discover the answers to your own medical questions…!
- Published: September 2010
- Imprint: SAUNDERS
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-4436-6
Table of Contents
- Ethics and communication
- Infectious diseases, tropical medicine and sexually transmitted infections
- Cell and molecular biology, and genetic disorders
- Clinical immunology
- Gastrointestinal disease
- Liver, biliary tract and pancreatic disease
- Haematological disease
- Malignant disease
- Rheumatology and bone disease
- Renal disease
- Water, electrolytes and acid-base balance
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory disease
- Intensive care medicine
- Drug therapy and poisoning
- Environmental medicine
- Endocrine disease
- Diabetes mellitus and other disorders of metabolism
- The special senses
- Neurological disease
- Psychological medicine
- Skin disease