Science and Technology book publishing
Elsevier as your publishing partner
Elsevier is a world-leading publisher of scientific, technical and medical resources with 7,000 employees in more than 70 locations around the world. We produce more than 2,200 new titles a year, published internationally in 11 languages, and have over 20,000 books available to support researchers, professionals and students across the globe.
Our authors represent a broad range of specialty areas and are among the most well-respected and authoritative professionals in their communities. We invite you to join a community of world-renowned thought leaders who have published books with Elsevier.
Where does S&T Books fit in?
Elsevier's Science and Technology Books—S&T Books—division reaches out to researchers, professionals and students across life sciences, physical sciences, engineering and computing with quality reference and foundational content on a diverse range of subjects.
We publish under long-established imprints such as Academic Press, Butterworth-Heinemann and Morgan Kaufmann, and drive the advancement and application of science and technology through the delivery of targeted, reliable information to support research, learning and professional practice.
To learn more about our prestigious imprints and the areas we publish in, visit our website.
What do we publish?
We publish a range of product types to suit different subject areas, information types and customer needs. These include:
- References – Edited and authored by the most highly regarded experts in their fields, Elsevier's highly-cited handbooks and references are an invaluable source of reliable background knowledge on both established and emerging subject areas.
- Textbooks – Elsevier publishes a wide range of innovative and award-winning textbooks for undergraduate, graduate, and professional courses, many of which also serve as foundational references for those no longer studying.
- Short format – These fast-moving, e-leading publications with a print on demand option offer a new publishing route for material of between 10 and 150 pages in published length, allowing us to get high value, time sensitive and cutting-edge information to market more quickly.
- Major reference works (MRWs) – Our encyclopedias and comprehensive major reference works provide authoritative and accessible definitions and background information on a wealth of subjects, supporting in particular those engaging in cross-disciplinary work.
- Series and serials – Sitting somewhere between books and journals in nature, our collection of series and serials combine book-style review and coverage of subjects with the regularity, continuity and development of topic seen in journal publishing.
- Laboratory and practical manuals – Elsevier's laboratory manuals feature the latest methods and protocols researchers need to consult when working at the bench, while our practical manuals provide step-by-step design and operating procedures, including regulatory information, for use in technical industries.
- Atlases – Elsevier publishes some of the most well respected and highly cited atlases supporting scientific research and study, including the sixth edition of The Rat Brain in Stereotaxic Coordinates.
To discuss any of these product types further or seek guidance on how your book idea might best develop, contact therelevant Elsevier Acquisitions Editor for your area.
Why publish with us?
By collaborating with Elsevier, you will engage in a partnership with a team of highly skilled publishing professionals who support your vision and can offer expert guidance on how to turn your idea into a successful published reality.
We combine several hundred years of traditional publishing expertise with the innovative ideas, technologies and platforms needed to serve a diverse, fast-changing community in academia and industry.
As well as publishing in print, our new books are all optimized for delivery in a variety of electronic formats, including publication on the leading full-text scientific database ScienceDirect, which reaches more than 16 million users.
We have a long-standing commitment to quality, accuracy and reliability in our editorial and production activities, and the international sales and marketing reach to ensure your book is available and discoverable to the readers who need it across the globe.
Want to find out more? Contact the relevant Elsevier Acquisitions Editor to hear about our presence in your subject area and what we can do to aid the development and dissemination of your work.
One of the advantages of publishing with Elsevier is our author discount. As an Elsevier author, you are entitled to a discount of 30% off the normal list price of many of our science and technology publications. To take advantage of this special discount, please contact your Acquisitions Editor.