An opportunity for postdoctoral scholars
- You recently completed a research project and are in between positions.
- Your research project lost funding and your position has been eliminated.
- You're looking for a research position and you're working--just not in your field.
As a postdoctoral scholar, these are just some of the scenarios you might be experiencing, but just because you are in between jobs, doesn't mean you have to lose your competitive edge.
Research is the cornerstone of the postdoctoral experience but the reality is, most research positions are temporary. At a certain point, all academic research projects come to an end for the postdoc. This fact, paired with a challenging economic climate, has created new challenges for early career researchers. What's more, when projects end for any reason, usually so do the benefits that come with them--such as having access to published work--which can be a lifeline for staying competitive and connected to the research community. This is where Elsevier can help.
Postdoc free access program
For scholars who recently received their PhD’s and currently do not have a research position, we are pleased to offer unlimited complimentary access to all our journals and books on ScienceDirect, for up to 6 months. This program allows those who qualify to have access to scientific journals and books in their field. To find out if you qualify, here's what you need to do:
- Step 1: Complete the 3-part form below; it will take you about 10-15 minutes.
- Step 2: You must submit a scanned image of a letter from your last academic mentor/advisor that states the position you have held and the date on which your position ends or ended and explains why you would be eligible to receive free access to ScienceDirect. The letter must be on official letterhead stationery of the department or host institution. We recommend that you first obtain this letter and create a scanned image file of it before completing the form below.
- Must be a postdoctoral researcher who has received a PhD (or equivalent) within in the past 5 years
- Must have completed your last research position (either your PhD research or a postdoc or equivalent) on or after 31 December 2012 or have a position that will be completed before 31st August 2013.
Apply now, as the application period for this one-time offer ends on August 31st.
Your "Passport" to free access*
Once your application has been reviewed and approval is granted, you'll receive a "passport" that includes your individual access code. Please allow up to 45 days for us to review your submission.
We appreciate your interest in staying current in your field with access to Elsevier journals and books on ScienceDirect. We wish you continued success in your academic and/or research career!
For questions about this program please contact ECRaccess@elsevier.com