The Nuclear Materials Conference
21 - 25 October, 2012
Location: Osaka, Japan
Following the success of the first NuMat Nuclear Materials Conference in Karlsruhe, Germany, the next conference in the series will be held in Osaka, Japan in 2012. The Nuclear Materials Conference Series, formed in association with the Journal of Nuclear Materials, serves as an umbrella for international meetings on nuclear materials science for fission and fusion reactors, including the nuclear fuel cycle. NuMat2012 will combine eight topic tracks in four parallel sessions, covering the topics of nuclear fuels, structural materials, and molten salts:
- Thermodynamics and Thermophysics of Nuclear Fuels (TNF-2) which addresses the thermal properties and phase relkations of current and future generation reactor fuels.
- Materials Modelling and Simulation of Nuclear Fuels (MMSNF-9) which has become a main forum for exchange of multi-scale modelling in this field.
- Radiation Stability of Complex Microstructures (RSCM-2) which focuses on radiation damage process and properties modification in ceramics, metals and composite materials
- Molten Salts for Nuclear Applications (MSNA) which will deal with actinides and lanthanides molten salts for reprocessing and fuel.
- Structural and Functional Materials for Fission Reactors (SFMFR), focussing not only on zirconium-based materials but also on advanced steels, ceramics and composites.
- Structural Materials Modeling and Simulation (SMMS) which will complement the MMSNF meeting.
The organisers encourage scientists involved in experimental studies as well as theoretical studies to participate, and particularly in studies aimed at the basic understanding of the properties of nuclear materials and the impact of radiation.