Supplemental Terms and Conditions for sponsored documents published in Elsevier journals (1.0)
Elsevier has, through certain arrangements with funding agencies, agreed to post sponsored final documents (hereafter referred to as “documents”) used to generate the definitive published journal article, to PubMed Central (PMC) or PMC mirror sites for non-commercial purposes. Documents posted to PMC are protected by copyright and are posted to PMC by permission of Elsevier. At the time of deposit, posted documents included all changes made during peer review, copyediting, and publishing. PMC and PMC mirror site host organizations are responsible for all links within the document and for incorporating any publisher-supplied amendments or retractions issued subsequently. For a document that has been sponsored, the published journal article, guaranteed to be such by Elsevier, is available for free to non-subscribers on Elsevier’s publishing platforms including ScienceDirect. For non-commercial purposes users may access, download, copy, display and redistribute documents as well as adapt, translate, text and data mine content contained in documents, subject to the following conditions:
- The authors' moral right to the integrity of their work is not compromised.
- Where content in the document is identified as belonging to a third party, it is the obligation of the user to ensure that any reuse complies with copyright policies of the owner.
- If document content is copied, downloaded or otherwise reused for non-commercial research and education purposes, a link to the appropriate bibliographic citation (authors, journal, article title, volume, issue, page numbers, DOI and the link to the definitive published version on ScienceDirect) should be maintained. Copyright notices and disclaimers should not be deleted.
- Use of documents for commercial purposes is prohibited. Commercial purposes include: - Copying or downloading of documents, or linking to such postings, for further redistribution, sale or licensing, for a fee; - Copying, downloading or posting by a site or service that incorporates advertising with such content; - The inclusion or incorporation of document content in other works or services (other than normal quotations with an appropriate citation) that is then available for sale or licensing, for a fee. - Use of documents or document content (other than normal quotations with appropriate citation) by for-profit organisations for promotional purposes, whether for a fee or otherwise. - Use for the purposes of monetary reward by means of sale, resale, license, loan, transfer or other form of commercial exploitation.
- Any translations, for which a prior translation agreement with Elsevier has not been established, must prominently display the statement: “This is an unofficial translation of an article that appeared in an Elsevier publication. Elsevier has not endorsed this translation.”
- For permission to use documents beyond permitted here, visit our Support & Contact website.